Post a picture of your Altair.

General discussions related to the Altair 8800 Clone
AltairClone
Site Admin

Re: Post a picture of your Altair.

Post by AltairClone »

Great! I have a couple of Wyse terminals as well.

Note that as of Clone firmware version 1.91, serial port 2 can also be used to load floppy disk images. This allows using a terminal as the console on serial port 1 and using a PC connected to serial port 2 only when you need to transfer a disk image. The port to use for disk image transfer is set in the "Floppy Drive Settings" sub-menu of the "Admin" menu.

Mike
toml_12953

Post by toml_12953 »

AltairClone wrote:Great! I have a couple of Wyse terminals as well.

Note that as of Clone firmware version 1.91, serial port 2 can also be used to load floppy disk images. This allows using a terminal as the console on serial port 1 and using a PC connected to serial port 2 only when you need to transfer a disk image. The port to use for disk image transfer is set in the "Floppy Drive Settings" sub-menu of the "Admin" menu.

Mike
And unplug my printer?!? Never! :)
For your next clone (!) How about allowing real floppies to be interfaced? :)

Tom L
gmh

Post by gmh »

When it rains it pours. Just received another 1. This 1 can stay packed away from that yellowing Sun of ours!
Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 9.33.18 AM.png
Now if only an unopened Model 33 would turn up...
Jefferjs

Post by Jefferjs »

I installed a Dell Wyse Terminal Board in my Altair and connected the Serial Port Internally, It works great
toml_12953

Post by toml_12953 »

Jefferjs wrote:I installed a Dell Wyse Terminal Board in my Altair and connected the Serial Port Internally, It works great
So you have a keyboard and monitor plugged into the terminal board? Can we se a pic of the inside of your Clone?

Tom L
pngwen

Post by pngwen »

My Altair Clone has become a fixture at the Maryville College retro game night. Two of my freshmen students are shown here playing "kill the bit", which they toggled in. Every time I show this machine to students they want to run up and flip the switches. (I always let them do it, of course!)
Attachments
FB_IMG_1506122206763.jpg
kurthamm

Post by kurthamm »

Here is my Altair with a DEC VT220 terminal. I was using the Radio Shack Cassette Player to load cassette BASIC.
Attachments
My Altair.jpg
TomXP411

Post by TomXP411 »

I'm a little envious, Kurt. I'd love to find a legit VT terminal for mine. As it is, I'm making do with my PC, and I have a metal-enclosed 12" LCD for when I want to go portable.

Here's my clone and my 'duino together.
Attachments
Altairuino and Altair Clone together
Altairuino and Altair Clone together