Final assembly...

Discuss construction, troubleshooting, and operation of the Altair 8800c computer

Re: Final assembly...

Postby BillO » March 8th, 2021, 7:54 pm

Well, it's been running for 2 weeks now without a glitch. Not doing anything serious yet, but I have a plan to do up a version of Wumpus for it to get some real practice. If anyone is interested I'll post the results.

I will mention that 17.6MB of storage on a 1976 based system seems like a phenomenal amount. I don't think it's possible to fill all that up with projects of the era. And I say that after buying a 1TB micro SD card as a present for my daughter. It's astonishing how far storage, and the requirements for it, have come in the last 45 years. You would need a very, very large room full of 1600BPI tapes back in 1976 to equal 1TB. Now you can fit that on something you could lose in a messy drawer.

I'm also chipping away at the JAIR 8080 board. I'm not sure if anyone is interested in that or not, but if there is any interest I could post the results on that too in a different thread.
BillO

Re: Final assembly...

Postby AltairClone » March 11th, 2021, 12:17 am

I know of several people who have used the JAIR board with the 8800c front panel board set. I think it would be a great idea to start a thread detailing your progress with the JAIR board.

Mike
AltairClone
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Altair 8800c