Front Panel Power on Reset? SOLVED

Discuss construction, troubleshooting, and operation of the Altair 8800c computer

Front Panel Power on Reset? SOLVED

Postby toml_12953 » February 13th, 2019, 5:37 pm

When I turn on my 8800c, all the data lights, the address lights and the INTE light are on. All the status lights are off and the Altair is definitely NOT ready to run a program.
If I raise Stop and Reset, all address lights go off and the WAIT, MEMR, MI and WO status lights are on which is as it should be.

In the 8800c front panel instructions (Ver 1.0 Nov 2018, Page 2, Logic Error Fixes, Indeterminate Power-On State) it seems to say that I shouldn't need Stop and Reset and the Altair should power on to the correct state. Did I screw up my FP board set?

Also, how do I enable the optional enhancements listed on page 2, especially the one that allows display of data on the LEDs (similar to IMSAI's Programmed Output LEDs) The manual says it's possible but I can't find out how.

SOLVED! I just found the new Ver 1.2 manual that includes the instructions on how to enable the optional features. Power-on reset works the way I hoped it would.
toml_12953

Return to Altair 8800c