1978: A Spotify Playlist to Program with

General discussions related to the Altair 8800 Clone

1978: A Spotify Playlist to Program with

Postby MajorClements » October 8th, 2022, 11:27 am

Hey all,

Not sure if anyone uses Spotify, but I got enjoyment out of listening to 60’s and 70’s Rock/Pop + Greta Van Fleet (I know they’re controversial, but they’re the only modern band I tolerate nowadays) while I was messing around with the 8080 instructions. I figured that 1978 was probably when the 8800’s marketshare was at its peak. If there are any artists that I’m forgetting, feel free to add them to this post. I did throw this together quickly, so I am likely forgetting many greats. I guess if anyone is interested in a playlist to listen to, here it is…

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1rOCa ... BV_cHiEddQ
Sincerely,
Daniel
________________________________________________________________________________
“THINK!”
If you had to remember only one thing about me, just know that I’m the guy with too many ThinkPads to count.
MajorClements

Re: 1978: A Spotify Playlist to Program with

Postby Wayne Parham » October 8th, 2022, 11:42 am

What an awesome playlist! I remember every one of those. Love most of 'em!

I personally liked your selections from the Moody Blues. One MUST listen to "In the Beginning" from "On the Threshold of a Dream." And Pink Floyd's "Welcome to the Machine" is an awesome cut too. I've always loved Genesis and Peter Gabriel, so while they didn't get much radio play before Phil Collins stepped in as singer, I'm super glad you included "Solsbury Hill."

You might add Supertramp. They were in heavy rotation in the 1970s. And I think I missed seeing Peter Frampton on your list too. Right around the same time the Altair was introduced, Frampton's song "Do you feel like we do" was getting lots of airtime.
Wayne Parham

Return to General Discussions