VT-100ish

General discussions related to the Altair 8800 Clone

VT-100ish

Postby Wayne Parham » March 19th, 2022, 7:52 pm

Seeing the thread by "BigBlueDad" called "ASCII Terminal" prompted me to post a link to an ASCII Terminal build I did. I like BIgBlue's build 'cause it puts the VT-100 board in the monitor. But mine is another take on the VT-100 clone.

I made a little box for the VT-100 emulator designed by Geoff Graham. Actually, the board I chose is the one made by Peter Hizalev. But either one is fine. I used a Metcase enclosure and had front and rear panels made for it. The link below includes contact information for the company that made the front and rear panels for me, if any of you are interested.

Mike has done just such a great job with the Altair clone, I thought it needed an attractive terminal clone.
Wayne Parham

Re: VT-100ish

Postby AltairClone » March 20th, 2022, 8:05 am

Nice looking finish out!

Mike
AltairClone
Site Admin

Postby Wayne Parham » March 20th, 2022, 10:01 am

My apologies to both "BillO" and "BigBlueDad." I saw their posts about the VT-100 emulator and mistakenly posted BigBlue's as the one mounted in the monitor in my link above. BigBlue's thread is interesting too, but the VT-100 build thread from BillO shows his board mounted inside the video monitor.
Wayne Parham

Postby BillO » March 21st, 2022, 3:04 pm

It's actually mounted to the outside. I would like to have put it on the inside, and that was my original thought, but in the 4 monitors I had available for this there just was not enough room. When I have the design finalized I might put it in a small aluminum housing that will mount to the back of a monitor.

BTW, your build looks awesome. Nicely done.
BillO

Return to General Discussions