A new backplate showed up at my door today...

General discussions related to the Altair 8800 Clone

Re: A new backplate showed up at my door today...

Postby Synoptic » February 9th, 2019, 7:05 am

steve_a wrote:I have just purchased the first five production backplates. They have a bit of lead time on them, so it may be a couple weeks before I can get them up on ebay.

They'll be $95 + shipping (however that works, I have never done ebay before).

Just FYI.

Why not sell direct to us ?
Synoptic

Postby steve_a » February 10th, 2019, 1:24 am

TomXP411 wrote:If it was me, I'd sell direct if possible and skip the EBay experience. =)

Synoptic wrote:Why not sell direct to us ?

I've never sold anything online before. I was leaning toward ebay so I could use their storefront, communications channels, and all that good stuff. I'll look into some other options, including direct sales.

They're still in the queue at the fab shop last I heard, I remember them telling me they were targeting shipping on the 12th.
steve_a

Postby steve_a » February 24th, 2019, 12:44 am

(Small edit: Deleting Pictures to attach others elsewhere)

The manufacturer had a little backlog and a broken piece of equipment but... the first five have arrived.

I am putting them up on ebay (looked into other methods but ebay seems so much easier) but I don't have the shipping boxes yet. They're coming from USPS and as soon as I have them I can start sending them out. Or if I run down to the post office they might have some there. I'm not sure. We'll see.

Final tally for me to break even: $110 + shipping.

Once I have the boxes and stuff in hand I'll call this thread done and make a new one saying "For Sale".
If you find them on ebay before I do that be forewarned it may take me a couple of days to get them through the post office.

Eight months later, and I finally have something to show for it. I think its time for a beer.
steve_a

Previous

Return to General Discussions