PROGRAMS folder in the CP/M 2.2 folder

Announcements about the Altair 8800 Clone including software and hardware updates.

PROGRAMS folder in the CP/M 2.2 folder

Postby AltairClone » February 19th, 2014, 11:18 pm

I have added a "programs" folder within the CP/M 2.2 folder that is accessible from the CP/M link on the support page (http://altairclone.com/downloads/cpm/CP ... /programs/). Presently, there are three programs in this folder (along with their source code) that users of CP/M 2.2 on the Altair may find useful. The programs can be easily loaded onto an Altair running CP/M using the "PCGET" program.

AUTORUN.COM allows you to configure an auto-run command when CP/M boots (cold start, warm start or both).

PUNMSG.COM allows you to type in a message and punch it in human readable form on a Teletype’s paper tape punch.

SERBUF.COM allows the Altair to serve as a buffer between a PC and older serial devices that don't play well with USB to serial adapters (e.g., Teletypes, the 88-ACR Cassette Interface, serial devices with small buffers that require handshaking, etc.)

See the ReadMe.pdf file in the folder for more information about the programs.

Mike
AltairClone
Site Admin

Re: PROGRAMS folder in the CP/M 2.2 folder

Postby jibanes » February 20th, 2014, 12:48 pm

Would it be reasonable to ask for a version of PCGET that operates on 2SIO port B instead of port A? ("PCGETB")
jibanes

Postby AltairClone » February 20th, 2014, 12:53 pm

jibanes wrote:Would it be reasonable to ask for a version of PCGET that operates on 2SIO port B instead of port A? ("PCGETB")

Is 2SIO port A still used as the console port and you just want the transfer to go through 2SIO port B?
AltairClone
Site Admin

Postby jibanes » February 20th, 2014, 1:17 pm

That's right, makes it easier to exchange files between machines for me, I imagine it also could make sense for people with two altairclones or the like. Hopefully it's just a trivial code change?
jibanes

Postby AltairClone » February 20th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I think this is a good idea. I can think of several instances in which I'm using a vintage terminal as my console, but still want to transfer a file in or out. I will work on an update to both PCGET and PCPUT that allows specification of 2SIO Port B on the command line. E.g., "PCGET FILE.EXT B"

Mike
AltairClone
Site Admin

Postby jibanes » February 20th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Thanks Mike, that sounds great, next I can pickup a second clone for my son, so we can exchange files relatively easily.
jibanes

Postby AltairClone » February 23rd, 2014, 10:54 am

I have updated PCGET and PCPUT to support optional transfer on 2SIO port B. A trailing B on the command line specifies port B. For example:

PCGET FILE.DAT B

The updated version is present in the "programs" folder within the CPM 2.2 folder on the support page.

Mike
AltairClone
Site Admin

Postby jibanes » February 23rd, 2014, 12:16 pm

Thanks Mike.
jibanes

Return to Announcements