Music System from Processor Technology

General discussions related to the Altair 8800 Clone

Re: Music System from Processor Technology

Postby toml_12953 » June 6th, 2015, 2:54 am

To me, it would be worth the extra cost for the silkscreen and solder mask!

Tom L
toml_12953

Postby Drunkle » June 13th, 2015, 5:38 pm

Well I have been out of town on a business trip for the past week. I ordered ten basic boards before I left and they were in on my return. So today I built one and installed it in my Altair Clone. Works! I will be doing some simple testing and will then finalize the documentation. Once done I will post the package on my web site for all to see. I will also need to figure out a process to get the broads to the people who are still interested. If I can find the time I might even make my first YouTube video showing the unit.

Here is some pictures to show whats going on. The inside view of my clone shows all my projects to date. If you are wondering what is all going on in there. Look at my web site http://www.astrorat.com. The site is very simple and is very much a work in progress! If I did not need to work to make money, think of all the fun projects I could get done. ;)

One cool thing I already found with the amp, If you leave the amp powered up while using the clone for other tasks within CP/M, every time you access something that uses the v-disks on the clone you get interesting sounds. Since the amp is connected to the INTE LED every time the software access many interrupt operation, it generates sound. So V-disk activity produces sound like some form of drive is operating.
Attachments
Inside_daves_caltair_clone_61315.jpg
Here is a look inside my Altair Clone
Altair_Clone_Amp_Back.jpg
Back view with amp power switch and speaker connector
Altair_Clone_Amp_Inside.jpg
Inside view with amp installed in clone
Drunkle

Postby AltairClone » June 13th, 2015, 9:09 pm

Lookin' good!
AltairClone
Site Admin

Postby gio74 » June 15th, 2015, 1:45 am

"One cool thing I already found with the amp, If you leave the amp powered up while using the clone for other tasks within CP/M, every time you access something that uses the v-disks on the clone you get interesting sounds. Since the amp is connected to the INTE LED every time the software access many interrupt operation, it generates sound. So V-disk activity produces sound like some form of drive is operating."

great can't wait for the board
and please yes, youtube a tutoria of installation please :D
gio74

Postby Drunkle » June 25th, 2015, 10:40 pm

First boards shipped. There are still two people on this forum who requested amp boards. If you requested a board, check for a private message on this forum.
Drunkle

Postby Drunkle » July 9th, 2015, 9:55 pm

The full project details for the amp board are now up on my web site at the following link. Note that the downloadable PDF in the page has all the needed details to build the board.

http://www.astrorat.com/altair8800/musicsystemamp.html
Drunkle

Postby gio74 » July 16th, 2015, 2:50 am

just got my board, can't wait to assemble it

thank you so much Dave!!!
gio74

Previous

Return to General Discussions